-

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

UCO golf sisters each score hole in one during practice round

EDMOND (Nov. 9) – An afternoon practice round for Central Oklahoma golfers and sisters Erica and Lindsey Bensch will not soon be forgotten.

Playing one group apart at windy KickingBird Golf Club on Tuesday, the duo each scored a hole in one during their round.

Older sister Erica, a junior for the Bronchos, recorded her first-ever ace on the 124-yard third hole with a gap wedge.  Freshman Lindsey followed suit less than two hours later, knocking in an 8-iron on the 142-yard 11th hole for her second career hole in one.

“It was down wind and I didn’t do anything special but swing at the golf ball and it one-hopped in,” said Erica of her ace.

“I heard a whole bunch of screaming and saw a bunch of people running over giving Erica high fives so I knew she must have knocked it in,” said Lindsey, who was on the fourth tee when Erica’s shot went in.  “I sent her a text message saying congratulations and we went on.”

Soon enough, it was Lindsey’s turn.

“I hit a little eight iron and it bounced once and then just fell in,” she said of her ace.

“I was walking up to the 10th green and had just set my bag down when I heard all this whooping and hollering and so I knew Lindsey had done it,” Erica said.  “I had finally got my first hole in one to tie her and she had to go one-up me again.

"It was a really cool day for us."

Erica went on to shoot a one-under-par 69, while Lindsey finished with an even-par 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment